Is anyone else out there a huge product junkie? I'm the queen of sampling pretty much anything and everything at Sephora, Nordstrom and the Whole Foods body dept. I could spend hours trying on lotions, lip glosses, dry shampoos... - you name it. I especially love admiring the packaging and graphic design. I grew up watching my dad work on product packaging for P&G, so I'm a total sucker for anything with fresh and clean graphics and a good typekit. All of that said, up until recently, I seldom studied the ingredients. If it looks good, smells good, has decent product reviews... that'd be enough to sell me.
Enter my friend Elle and a brand called BeautyCounter. The brand's founder always says "like many of you, I didn't know what I didn't know..." and I could not agree more. Like I mentioned earlier, I rarely studied the ingredients when buying products at mass retailers. I was also unaware how little regulation there is in the U.S. with the FDA. And I certainly had no idea how many toxic, cancer-causing ingredients were rampant in my everyday ritual. Elle has opened my mind and my curiosity, and now, I can't stop researching it and reading about it!
This is NOT a sponsored post, and I am NOT selling BeautyCounter, (though I am throwing what they call a "social" this evening!) - but I feel its my responsibility to share this with my friends. Their mission is simple: get safer products into the hands of everyone.
Read the mission statement on the BeautyCounter page when you have a chance. They're working diligently to ban unsafe ingredients in products. Toxins are everywhere, and I understand fully how overwhelming that is. I'm personally deciding to take things one step at a time. Plus, I still haven't found a single organic deodorant that works with the TX heat...
I recently got to sample the line for a few weeks and wanted to share some of my current faves from their line so you can take a gander at it yourself!
1. Charcoal Cleansing Bar - Small but mighty. This bar will detox your skin within one use - be prepared for the transition, you will love it!
2. Nourishing Cream Cleanser - formerly known as "Routine Clean Cream Cleanser", this stuff has become my new staple. The fresh citrus scent, clean and velvety lather... I look forward to washing my face 2x a day!
3. Protect All Over Sunscreen, 30 SPF - Stay tuned because this beauty will be included in a giveaway sometime this week! Light & non-greasy is always a selling point in my book!
4. Face Oil Collection - this is next on my shopping list. I'm a HUGE fan of skin oils and I could tell using this one time that it was going to be one of my favorite products. With no artificial ingredients, and only pure essential oils, this is bound to feed my skin with the stuff it needs!
5. Baby Soothing Oil - If it's good enough for babies, then it's certainly good enough for me! A combo of all the good stuff: coconut, jojoba, and sunflower seed oils...sign me up.
I'm elated to have found a brand I can really get behind...one that I'm content with spending my money on. Mostly I'm just happy that someone out there cares about good skincare as much as I do. I cant wait to continue watching their brand grow with time. Here's a link to check it out for yourself!